Tuesday, October 7, 2014
09:00 AM - 12:15 PM
Moving data between systems and integrating data across the organization has remained one of the primary data management challenges for most organizations over the last two decades, now being greatly exacerbated by the challenge of big data. This seminar will review the best practices in data integration for making data roaming through the organization somewhat manageable, and the new technologies and techniques in big data integration.
This seminar will draw on the content from April Reeve's new book from Morgan Kaufmann, "Managing Data In Motion: Data Integration Best Practice Techniques and Technologies" and will include engaging the participants in relevant exercises.
- What is Data Integration?
- The Natural Complexity of Interfaces
- The Rise of the Purchased Vendor Package
- Key Enablement of Big Data Management
- Batch Data Integration
- Data Warehousing
- Data Conversion
- Data Archiving
- Real Time Data Integration
- Hub and Spoke
- Canonical Modeling
- XML and JSON
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and Enterprise Information Integration (EII)
- Big, Cloud, Virtual Data Integration
- Cloud Architecture
- HADOOP and Data Integration
- Data Virtualization
April Reeve has spent the last 25 years working as an enterprise architect and program manager. Now she is incorporating her enterprise data management knowledge in new Big Data and Advanced Analytics implementations.
April is an expert in multiple Data disciplines including Data Integration, Big Data, Data Conversion, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Master Data Management, and Data Governance.